EducationThe University of Texas at Dallas
B.S., Computer Science - May 2007
Four KitchensAustin, TX
Architect December 2010 - present
- Team lead to internal developers, responsible for weekly 1 on 1's, unblocking teammates, and aiding in goal setting and professional development.
- Technical lead for the NBC project, overseeing architectural, technological, and best practices decisions.
- Scaled NBC's API traffic from a few thousand requests per day to tens of millions of requests per day.
- Architected backend for frontend (BFF) micro APIs for encapsulating complicated business logic server side and allowing for lighter front ends.
- Designed and built node.js powered data pipeline to ingest content from multiple CMSs and surface data through a REST API that powers all NBC applications as well as NBC.com.
- Implemented the node.js based REST API that powers the Saturday Night Live iOS app and website.
- Architected and built REST API for the Emmy Award winning The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and NBC.com websites.
- Developed and administered Integrating Node.js and Drupal training for DrupalCon Portland 2013.
- Built Drupal Poetry, a responsive magnetic poetry web app.
- Architected and deployed a node.js based PubSubHubbub hub for integration with the Drupal Feeds module.
- Built internal development and automated deployment infrastructure.
- "Core committer" for The Economist, responsible for reviewing code before it's merged to trunk.
- Redeployed the search system for The Economist using hosted Apache Solr.
- Build and maintain custom code for clients.
- Diagnose and fix performance problems on large scale Drupal sites.
- Train clients in using and building high performance Drupal sites.
New Media Broadcasting Company/ Direct2CareGlendale, CA
Head of Web Development July 2005 - December 2010
- Deployed Varnish reverse proxy and static file cache for MashCast Drupal system.
- Deployed Apache Solr faceted search for MashCast Drupal system.
- Deployed memcached and MySQL master-slave servers for scalability of the MashCast Drupal system.
- Wrote data synchronization code to keep information from a multi-site network and a desktop client server in sync
- Wrote code to manage, re-format, and display uploaded files such as images, videos, and audio
- Created a profile based search module
- Wrote a horoscopes module that populates its current astrological sign information via RSS feeds
- Worked with “themers” (HTML/CSS experts) to ensure the output from Drupal modules was easy to handle at the theme layer
- Write Drupal modules using PHP with MySQL
- Manage the release process from automated daily builds to release candidate to production release
- Create monitoring suites using Nagios
- Implement automated workflows for release process using C++ and Java programs and shell scripts
- Expert knowledge of the Drupal content management system.
- Experienced with building and deploying node.js applications in production.
- Practical experience with relational (MySQL) and document based (MongoDB) databases.
- Extremely experienced in UNIX environments and shell scripting.
- Good working knowledge of and experience with the Jenkins continuous integration system.